Amazing organic home grower and mum Cass McCarthy has shared a delicious smoothie recipe. This is one that you can enjoy too making breakfast time quick and easy!
This deliciously thick and filling smoothie is perfect for bellies both young and old. Of course you can use fresh fruit for this, however I highly recommend chopping and freezing both the banana and kiwi fruit the night before. This creates a cold and silky texture and it’s almost like eating froyo for breakfast. Yum!
Both mango and pineapple make suitable replacements for kiwi fruit. Cultured coconut yoghurt adds a lovely creaminess to the smoothie and is a wonderful way to sneak in some probiotics. Have leftovers? Why not freeze some into popsicle moulds for the ultimate summer snack.
- ½ ripe avocado, flesh only
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 frozen kiwi fruit, chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons plain cultured coconut yoghurt
- 400ml coconut water
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your smoothie plain or add your favourite toppings, such as a dollop of coconut yoghurt, granola, nuts, seeds or fresh fruit.