Home Compostable Un-Plastic Wrap is here!
Looking to walk a little lighter and give regular cling wrap the old heave-ho? But it's just so darn convenient? We hear you! We've been working on this new product for quite a while now and are so very happy to bring you our easy to use, home compostable Un-Plastic Wrap.
Un-plastic the planet with our high performance & certified home compostable cling wrap. Once you're finished using it, simply toss it into your home compost - it will break down in under 180 days, leaving behind no nasties. We hope you enjoy this revolutionary new kitchen staple as much as we do.
Cling Wrap is one of those products that is so handy, but harmful to the environment. For a product that has been designed to be used for minutes, hours, or days - it lasts for years and years.
What you get:
- Certified home compostable Un-Plastic Wrap contains 1 x 30m roll per box, with pre-perforated sheets every 30cm.
Why we love it:
- A straight swap from the conventional stuff.
- Certified home compostable, it breaks down in the same time as an orange peel
- Breaks down in a compost pile in under 180 days, without leaving behind any toxins
- Food Safe
- BPA Free
Simple and easy to use
30cm x 30m per roll.
Use & Care Instructions:
Suitable for use in the fridge and freezer, not suitable for the oven or microwave use.
Made from PLA and bio-based PBAT.
- Our Un-Plastic Wrap is made from PLA and PBAT. Long story short, PLA is made from starch rich plants and the PBAT is an oil-based binding agent added to make a product degrade quickly enough to meet the home compostable standards. Totally safe for home composting.
- DIN Home Compostable Certified (equivalent to AS5810 ABA Home Compostable Australian Standard). This home compostable certification verifies that a product is home compostable. This means our Un-Plastic Wrap must break down in home composting conditions in under 180 days, without leaving behind any toxins.
How do I store it?
Store in a cool, dry place. Un-Plastic Wrap has a shelf life of 9 - 12 months.
What is PLA?
PLA is the common name for Polyactide and is made from plants that are rich in starch (corn, wheat, and sugar beets). The plants are milled and then undergo a manufacturing process that turns them into long-chain polymers that act in a similar way to plastic! PLA is fully renewable and breaks down into carbon dioxide, water, and biomass (not into nasty microplastics), leaving nothing bad behind.
What is PBAT?
PBAT is an oil-based binding agent added to make a product degrade quickly enough to meet the home compostable standard. Bio-based PBAT (Polybutyrate Adipate Terephthalate) is also made from plants and will decompose in your home compost leaving no toxic residues behind.
What is the difference between biodegradable and home compostable?
Biodegradable means that a product will break down naturally over a period of time however, some varieties break down into microplastics, need high temperatures and UV light to break down. Home compostable products breakdown completely in home composting conditions, and not into microplastics - supporting plant life rather than destroying it.
We’ve updated our shipping options for orders within Australia to include express shipping! For details click here.
Please note: Any orders that contain pre-order items will be shipped all together with the pre-order. Please refer to our Shipping & Returns page for more details.